A digital business marketing agency is more commonly referred to as a marketing firm, online marketing agency or just an advertising agency.
Firstly, they can help you with all major types of campaigns:
- Acquisitions – These include product launches or a quick introduction to newly added services
- Retention – The main purpose of this type of campaign is to keep your existing customers and if possible increase brand loyalty as well
- Membership – As the name suggests, this type of campaign is meant to target individuals who are likely to enjoy the exclusivity that only a membership from your company can offer
A business marketing company typically offers services across all major advertising platforms.
- Print – Newspapers, magazines, brochures
- Press advertising – Press conferences and press release creation and distribution
- Outdoor media – Billboards, signage, and flyers
- Internet – Pay-per-click ads, website banners, priority search engine ads
- Direct mail and email newsletter marketing
- Exhibition graphics
Now, most people also seem to assume that marketing companies can only produce tangible work. However, a good agency will also be effective working behind the scenes and planning tactical action with middle or executive level management, if necessary. In fact, brand building is one of the key services that the top marketing firms offer. Brand awareness and loyalty are always a tremendous asset for any company to have, and it’s what a good marketing firm can offer you – if, that is, you chose the best firm to work with in the first place.
Brand recognition usually includes the following steps:
- Defining the brand strategy of your business
- Using your brand to define your corporate identity
- Determining the methods to incorporate to help increase brand awareness
- Reinforcing brand awareness by using trademark logos and designs for your marketing and operational materials, which may range from business stationery, name cards, and product packaging to promotional giveaways
Lastly, in recent years the services of a brand marketing companies have also extended to the Internet. Now, it is not uncommon to expect a marketing company to work as your Internet marketing specialist as well. They tend to be particularly adept at offering the following:
- Website design and development
- Content creation and management
- Search engine marketing and analytics
- Electronic store management
- Technical support and maintenance
Being aware of the various types of work that a branding and marketing firm may perform on your behalf should help you better identify specific marketing objectives of your company. Start with something general.
- Increase sales
- Increase market share
- Expand market reach
From there, a good marketing company should be gradually able to help you in enumerating specific courses of action you can take to accomplish your goals. Never sign with a firm that can only offer you vague assurances or – worse – fervent but empty promises that are not backed by any kind of proof of their specialized skills or even just their sincerity.