Digital marketing must be integrated with traditional selling efforts these days. If you aren’t doing effective digital merchandising, you are not doing effective marketing in today’s world. Furthermore, effective selling and product promotions are more than just having a decent looking website!
You will need to partner with an agency that understands everything that you will need to know about how to utilise digital merchandising. The question then becomes, what should this agency be able to do for you? What should the people at the agency understand?
You will need to have a partner that understands all digital tools including blogs, social media, blogs, SEO, e-mail marketing, and mobile apps. Your chosen agency needs to know how PR and online marketing fit together in whole puzzle of your marketing strategy. But what exactly will you and your partner do together to get you the excellent ROI that you desire?
- Understand and know your audience. Today, a business must know its customers, and its prospects, better than ever before. Yet you would be surprised at how much you likely don’t know about those people. Integrating digital marketing and PR will enable you to get to know them better. An important aspect of this will be your blog(s).
- Put together and communicate a clear, consistent message. In the digital world, where information is travelling at the speed of light, you cannot afford to contradict yourself or falter in your communications. You will need merchandising efforts that totally back up and go along with your traditional PR messages. You must use e-commerce and communications to completely define yourself and never waver from that definition. People need to see integrity and consistency.
- Develop and maintain relationships. This one may seem obvious, but you need an agency that knows how to do this through an integration of traditional and digital efforts. How would you SEO articles, videos, blogging, and targeted e-mails to develop and maintain relationships?
- Make you authentic and credible. It’s more important than ever before that your media image is that of a business that has no scams or scammers, is offering a high quality product or service which is not unhealthy, and does everything on the up-and-up. If you can show that you are environmentally and socially sensitive, so much the better for you today.
- Entertain and instruct your audience. Yes, today digital e-commerce helps you get back to the “teach and delight” motivation of the Renaissance poets. People want to be entertained in your merchandising and communication efforts, or they want to receive some valuable (and free) information. How will you design and maintain your website to these ends? How will you achieve these ends with your blog?
These are among the most important and critical aspects of digital merchandising that you need a digital marketing agency to help you with. A digital marketing agency will be able to help you understand more about how to use today’s marketing tools. Do not hesitate to partner with a digital marketing agency if you want to keep your business at the forefront of technological advances.